Week 8 - MBA 6101 - Guerilla Marketing: Research


You have seen all these weeks the tactics and tools that we use to implement guerilla marketing. Now, you will work on obtaining crucial information. For example, some of the things you will want to know are: whether you want to market your goods, your services, or both; whether your strategy will feature some sort of price advantage; whether you should focus on your own company or consider the actions of your competitors; know who your competitors are; what motivates your clients to buy; whether my clients have children; the socio-economic status of my clients and how it relates to my product or service; what my clients like the most about my company; etc. 


Keep in mind that any piece of information is relevant but not all the information has the same degree of importance. Similarly, no question is irrelevant per se. If knowing certain information, like the sports team of your clients, gives you an advantage, you want to know it. So, you must find out what questions you want to have an answer to. The more customer information you have, the better equipped you will be to serve these customers. When you analyze completed sets of questions, you learn particularities about your samples and how best to reach them, appeal to them, sell them, etc. (Levinson, p. 87)

Regarding research, keep in mind the statement of Levinson (2012) in the book Guerilla Marketing: "You need both high-quality information and a reliable source for your research to be worth a hill of beans. If you have both, that research may be worth a mountain of money" (p. 94). For example, in the ad campaign that I conducted this month using Google Ads, 69 times my ad was shown on mobile devices and 40 times it was shown to people aged 18 to 24. This, from a total of 84. This is simple yet very valuable information that may make me evaluate my marketing campaign to adjust to the needs of my potential clients. 


References 

Comments